Vast choices for Car Repair ? Car Repair in the Event of Flood Damage at discount prices are available below. You can also browse the menu on the left for more Car Repair ? Car Repair in the Event of Flood Damage choices or run the search.
If the engine is running at high revs and (or) the flood is very deep the engine will hydraulic; this means that following the induction of water on the compression stroke, the engine will lock up as water cannot be compressed.
Occasionally, this will cause further issues such as bent con-rods, the risk of which increases if the driver then attempts to crank or start the engine.
If mechanical damage such as this occurs then it isn’t a problem that can be repaired roadside.
WHAT TO DO IF FLOOD STALLED?
1. Never Crank the engine. This can easily cause more expensive damage.
2. Remove all induction components i.e. air filter box, air metering devices and all air ducting and disconnect injectors (electrically)
3. Remove Spark Plugs (Petrol engines) or Glow Plugs (Diesel engines)
4. Dismantle as required to allow water to escape from throttle body and inlet manifold.
5. Reverse step 4
6. Crank engine by hand to check timing
7. Crank engine with throttle pedal fully depressed until all water is ejected; but beware of high pressure water being ejected from combustion chambers. Reconnect Injectors
8. Re-fit one spark or glow plug and crank again. The engine should “cough”.
9. Re-fit second spark or glow plug and crank again. The engine will “cough” and may even run.
10. Re-fit third spark or glow plug and crank again. The engine will probably run.
11. Re-fit the fourth plug and crank again. The engine should run.
12. Ensure all induction components are dry and re-fit using a NEW air filter.
13. Start engine. It should run normally if the engine hunts (faltering revs) the air flow sensor is suspect.
14. Change the oil and oil filter. Mil light may be on so code clearing may be required.
15. Sell the car quickly!
For five, six and eight cylinder engines, the process is the same just repeated for each cylinder.
We hope this information is helpful. Please call Car-Doc UK on 0845 0780628 or visit www.car-docuk.com should you drive your car into a flood. We can get you started by the roadside.
Soundstream PROX41 4 Way Electronic Crossover For High SPL Systems W Bass Knob
EZ Pass IPass Holder Electronic Toll tag Camouflag Cover
AUDI ELECTRONIC BOOSTER RADIO UNIT OEM 4F0035080C 2008 2012
Delco Electronic Radio Cassette Players 4 Units D
Wolo 350 Wolf Whistle Electronic Horn 12 Volt
Scosche boomBOTTLE Water Resistant Portable Bluetooth Speaker w Internal Mic
WOLO The Deputy 12 volt 100 watt Electronic Siren PA